The following are the items to be checked by an auditor on any pc. It need only be done once unless the check itself is suspected false, or if conditions of the pc’s hands etc. change.
The checklist is kept in the pc folder and is entered on the folder summary as an action done.
The value of operating with correct can size should not be underestimated, the reference HCOBs state why.
The auditor signs and answers the following points on the checklist and gets answers from the pc where needed.
R-Factor to pc: „We are going to check the cans and adjust them to get the best accuracy.“
1. Is the meter charged fully?__________
2. Is the meter trimmed correctly?__________
3. Are the leads connected to the meter and cans?__________
4. Are the cans rusty?__________
5. No hand cream is being used to handle the TA?__________
6. No talcum powder is being used to handle the TA?__________
7. The pc is NOT being told continually to wipe his hands?__________
8. The pc’s grip on the cans is NOT being continually checked by the Auditor in a way that interrupts the pc?__________
9. TA position on large cans? (Size approx 4 7/8 in X 2 5/8 in or 12 1/2 cm X 7 cm)__________
10. TA position on medium cans? (Size approx 3 ¾ in X 2 1/8 in or 9 cm X 5 cm)__________
11. TA position on small cans? (Size approx 2 in X 1 3/16 in or 6 cm X 3 cm)__________
12. Are the cans too large for pc?__________
13. Are the cans too small for pc?__________
14. Are the cans just right in size?__________
15. Are the cans cold?__________
16. Are the pc’s hands dry or calloused?__________
17. Does the pc have arthritic hands?__________
18. TA position on footplates?__________
(Footplates are used and TA checked on them when the answer to 16 & 17 is affirmative.)
19. Are the pc’s hands moist or wet?__________
(Can also use or test footplates on this too.)
20. Does the pc loosen his grip on the cans?__________
Check the pc’s grip — does he hold the cans correctly? (See E-Meter Drill 5)
22. Is the PC hot?__________
22A. Is the pc well slept?__________
23. Is the pc cold?__________
23A. Is the pc hungry?__________
24. Is it too late at night?__________
25. Is auditing being done not in the pc’s normal regular awake hours?__________
26. Are there rings on the pc’s hands?__________
27. Is the pc wearing tight shoes?__________
28. Is the pc wearing tight clothes?__________
The handling of these points is stated in the reference HCOBs.
The handling of high or low TA after checking these points is by C/S 53R or Hi-Low TA List.
The way to be sure of a C/S 53R or Hi-Low TA list is by continued assessment and handling of these lists until an F/N on assessment is gotten.
So standard tech handles the high and low TA. The C/S Series give more data on the subject.