All auditing sessions have the following preliminaries done in this order.
1. Seat the pc and adjust his or her chair.
2. Clear the Auditing room with “Is it all right to audit in this room?” (not metered)
3. Can squeeze “Put your hands in your lap.” “Squeeze the cans, please.” And note that pc registers, by the squeeze on the meter, and note the level of the pc’s havingness. (Don’t run hav here.)
4. Put in R Factor by telling pc briefly what you are going to do in the session.
5. “Is it all right with you if I begin this session now?” “START OF SESSION.” (Tone 40)
“Has this session started for you?” If pc says, “No”, say again, “START OF SESSION. Now has this session started for you?” If pc says, “No”, say, “We will cover it in a moment.”
6. “What goals would you like to set for this session?”
Please note that Life or Livingness goals have been omitted, as they tend to remind the pc of present time difficulties and tend to take his attention out of the session.
7. At this point in the session there are actions which could be undertaken: the running of General O/W or the running of Mid Rudiments using “Since the last time I audited you”, or pull missed W/Hs as indicated. But if pc cheerful and needle smooth, just get down to work.
One would run General O/W if the pc was emotionally upset at the beginning of the session or if the session did not start for the pc, the latter being simply another indication of the pc’s being upset or ARC broken, but these symptoms must be present, as sometimes the session hasn’t started merely because of poor Tone 40 or because the pc had something he wanted to say before the auditor started the session.
“If it is all right with you, I am going to run a short, general process.” “The process is: ‘What have you done?’, ‘What have you withheld?’ “ (The process is run very permissively until the needle looks smooth and the pc is no longer emotionally disturbed.)“Where are you now on the time track?”
“If it is all right with you, I will continue this process until you are close to present time and then end this process.” (After each command, ask, “When?”) “That was the last command. Is there anything you would care to ask or say before I end this process?” “End of process.”
One would use the Middle Rudiments with, “Since the last time I audited you”, if the needle was rough and if the Tone Arm was in a higher position than it was at the end of the last session.
Here is the correct wording and order of use for the big Mid Ruds. “has anything been suppressed?”
“is there anything you have been careful of?” “is there anything you have failed to reveal?” “has anything been invalidated?”
“has anything been suggested?” “has any mistake been made?” “has anything been protested?”
“is there anything you have been anxious about?” “has anything been decided?”
In using the first three buttons (Suppressed, Careful of and Failed to Reveal), the rudiment question should be asked directly of the pc off the meter (repetitive). When the pc has no more answers, check the question on the meter. If the question reads, stick with it on the meter like in Fast Rud checking until it is clean.
The last six buttons are cleaned directly on the meter as in Fast Ruds.
Use: “Since the last time you were audited has a withhold been missed on you?”
“Since the last time you were audited is there anything someone failed to find out about you?”
“Since the last time you were audited has someone nearly found out something about you?”
8. Now go into the body of the session.
9. “Is it all right with you if we end the body of the session now?” “Is there anything you would care to ask or say before I do?”
“End of the body of the session.”
10. Smooth out any roughness in the session if there has been any, favouring Suppress, Failed to Reveal, Protest, Decide, Overts, Assert, using prefix “In this session?”
11. “Have you made any of these goals for this session?” “Thank you for making these goals for this session” or “Thank you for making some of these goals for this session. I’m sorry you didn’t make all of them” or “I’m sorry you didn’t make these goals for this session.”
“Have you made any gains in this session that you would care to mention?” “Thank you for making these gains for this session” or “I’m sorry you didn’t make any gains for this session.”
12. (After adjusting the meter) “Put your hands in your lap.” “Please squeeze the cans.” (If the squeeze test was not all right, the Auditor would run the pc’s Havingness process until the can squeeze gives an adequate response.)
13. “Is there anything you would care to ask or say before I end this session?”
14. “Is it all right with you if I end this session now?”
15. “END OF SESSION.” (Tone 40) “Has this session ended for you?” (If the pc says, “No”, repeat, “END OF SESSION.” If the session still has not ended, say, “You will be getting more auditing. END OF SESSION.”) “Tell me I am no longer auditing you.”
Please note that Havingness is run after Goals and Gains as this tends to bring the pc more into present time and to take his attention to a degree out of the session.
Wording for the above follows the tradition of earlier model sessions.
Adhere severely to this session form. It is nearly an irreducible minimum and is very fast, but it is all necessary.
The Random Rudiment here is “What happened?”
Session Mid Ruds are simply “Protest, Assert and Decide”. RI rudiments are “Suppress and Invalidate”.
ARC Break handling is in accordance with HCO Bulletin of March 14, 1963. Don’t continue a session until you find out why the ARC Break.