For many years the top Auditors, Case Supervisors and Supervisors have used word clearing in their High Crime Checkouts, but until now there has not been an issue that makes this a mandatory action.
From now on, High Crime Checkouts require word clearing in addition to starrates. The miracle results of word clearing make all the difference in the world to the quality of technical delivery.
Lack of word clearing has recently brought about some false declares and a return of Quickie Grades.
In many orgs it was found that new HCOBs were not being word cleared AT ALL.
The right thing to do is make full use of Word Clearing Technology.
If a person goes past a misunderstood word in the materials he is trying to study, he will go blank on the following section of the materials, he will not understand the materials, will not be able to apply them, will often get very confused ideas about what he thinks the materials stated, and will alter tech!
The purpose of High Crime Checkouts on anyone doing Tech or Qual functions, is to ensure, that the materials have been studied, duplicated, understood and will be applied exactly. This is done in order to guarantee 100% Standard Tech in training and processing.
From now on the following is required in all High Crime Checkouts:
1. Go through the material, look for and clear the definitions of each word or term you not fully understand, and use the word or term in sentences until you understand it conceptually.
2. Then study the material for understanding, and for how you are going to apply it.
3. With your twin, demonstrate the important theory principles and rules. Drill command, question actions.
4. Get a meter check done on each page of the material to find out if there is any misunderstood on it (Method 4). If there is any misunderstood or confusion, it is to be cleared, and then study that page again, (as the section following the misunderstood would have been a blank in the student’s memory). Each page of the material is to be handled this way.
5. Then get a starrate checkout, done in accordance with: HCO PL 24 Sep 64 Instruction and Examination, Raising the Standard of; HCO PL 4 Oct 64, Reiss. 21 May 67, Theory Checkout Data; HCO PL 8 Mar 66 High Crime.
If this is flunked, repeat steps 1 through 5.
MATERIALS STUDIED MUST BE FULLY CLEARED OF MISUNDERSTOODS, AND STUDIED AND DEMONSTRATED TO FULLY CONCEPTUAL UNDERSTANDING. COMMANDS AND ACTIONS MUST BE DRILLED UNTIL FLUBLESS.
When the checkout has been passed it is recorded on the intern’s checksheet, or in the case of Tech/Qual personnel, in the High Crime log, in the Qualifications Division.
Should any one bog doing the steps 1 through 5 above, then Qual personnel are expected to handle with False Data Stripping, Crashing Misunderstood handling, Method 9 Word Clearing, Debug Tech, Word Clearing Correction List, Cramming Repair List, Study or Student Correction Lists.
Violations of High Crime policy are High Crimes per the Justice Code. High Crime Checkouts are required of Tech and Qual staff in order to safeguard Technology and to Keep Scientology Working. Therefore, the following are actionable:
1. WHENEVER A CASE IS FOUND TO HAVE BEEN LOUSED UP AND THE AUDITOR AND/OR CASE SUPERVISOR HAS NOT DONE HIS HIGH CRIME CHECKOUTS ON THE ACTIONS BEING AUDITED, AND/OR C/Sed ON THE CASE, THE AUDITOR AND/OR CASE SUPERVISOR IS SUBJECT TO AN IMMEDIATE COMM EV.
2. IF THE HIGH CRIME LOG IS NOT KEPT UP TO DATE THEN THE CRAMMING OFFICER IS SUBJECT TO AN IMMEDIATE COURT OF ETHICS, AND IF REPEATED, TO COMM EV.
3. IF ANY STUDENT BLOWS OR IS LATER FOUND TO BE UNABLE TO APPLY THE MATERIALS HE HAS STUDIED, THEN THE SUPERVISOR RESPONSIBLE IS LIABLE TO COMM EV IT HIS/HER HIGH CRIMES ON SUPERVISION HAVEN’T BEEN DONE.
4. ALL TECH/QUAL EXECUTIVES SHARE RESPONSIBILITY FOR ENSURING THAT HIGH CRIMES ARE DONE BY THEIR STAFF, AND MAY BE NAMED AS INTERESTED PARTIES IN ANY JUSTICE ACTION TAKEN ON HIGH CRIME POLICY VIOLATIONS.
5. ANY FAILURE TO KEEP HIGH CRIME POLICY IN, OR ANY NEGLIGENCE ABOUT IT, OR PERMITTING HIGH CRIME CHECKOUTS TO BACKLOG, CAN RESULT IN A JUSTICE ACTION NOT ON THE TECH/QUAL PERSONNEL INVOLVED, BUT ALSO ON THE EXECUTIVES THAT ARE SENIOR TO THE TECH/QUAL DIVISIONS, THE LOCAL KEEPER OF TECH, AND THE EXECUTIVES OF THE ORGANIZATION. WHETHER TECHNICALLY TRAINED OR NOT, ALL OF THE ABOVE ARE SUBJECT TO SUCH A JUSTICE ACTION.
Where High Crime Checkouts have been done previously and attested they remain valid. But, if the Auditor, Case Supervisor or Word Clearer is later crammed on those materials the cramming must include full use of Word Clearing, Student Corrective actions and Qual Corrective actions.
Where False Data Stripping, Crashing Mis-U Tech, O/W handling and Service Facsimile Tech are available and in use, these are to be employed in Qual (but not as part of a High Crime Checkout, as the „checkout“ is done to ensure that the person has studied, does understand and can apply the material).
A new method of doing High Crime Checkouts has been given in this issue. This does not relieve Qual of its usual function of fully using Word Clearing, Study Tech, and other Qual Corrective actions. And when Qual finds that any of these actions have been flubbed, Qual ensures that the person who flubbed the action is corrected, as well as correcting the person the action was flubbed on.
The Technology works when it is applied exactly.
Exact application depends on complete understanding.
Complete understanding depends on freedom from misunderstood words.