As one needs a guide to know what to audit on a case, the Dianetic Health Form is an essential auditing action.
Also, some cases do not know they have recovered.
It is Scientology that addresses improved awareness, not Dianetics. Dianetics accomplishes an eradication of the unwanted condition and when it is gone it is gone. The pc will not again mention it in many cases and it would be an error to hammer him about being better now.
Therefore a second Health Form gives a comparison. The somatics and pains not mentioned in the second which were in the first can be considered to be gone.
A second form done later gives the auditor and (when a Case Supervisor is also on the case) the Case Supervisor an indication of the actual improvement. A few days, weeks or months can elapse between giving the form. This gives an indication of improvement. Any number of Health Forms can be given.
One of the old problems of Dianetics was that the pc recovered from his arthritis fully and then only nagged the auditor about a new symptom. It wasn’t that the pc had to have an illness (only the 19th Century psychologist believed that it was no use to cure anything as the patient just got something else). The fact is that the symptoms of the pc are several, not just one.
You take up and audit each symptom or complaint to erasure of its picture, one after the other.
This is a new advance in Dianetics — that a preclear’s illness or upset has more than one source. His illness or upset is a composite.
You audit the most available symptom first until the picture causing it is erased. Then find the next one and audit it to erasure of its picture, then the next, etc.
The symptom which has the longest read and also in which the pc is interested is the one to do first. You run its chain to erasure of basic and it vanishes.
Then do the one which has the longest read (omitting the first from the list) and in which he is interested and run its secondary or engram or chain to erasure.
Now find the next symptom, etc.
Sooner or later the pc will have a well, healthy body, health, stability and a sense of well-being.
One finds “an incident which could have caused that”, dates it loosely, runs it as an incident without pushing hard, gets an earlier similar incident and runs that, or even a third or fourth earlier similar (each time earlier) incident until a floating needle or the pc indicates the PICTURE IS GONE (has erased).
Then one finds out what may now be bothering the pc by new assessment and does the same action on it.
You can expect each chain to end with GOOD INDICATORS, pc smiling and happy. It is not all done in one session.
You only end a session really when the pc is smiling and happy after an erasure of the basic picture on the chain.
Sooner or later the pc will become bright, happy, symptom free, stable and has a well body. Then one shifts the preclear off into Scientology auditing to bring about maximum intelligence and ability. Symptoms are pains, emotional feelings, tiredness, aches, pressures, sensations, unwanted states of the body, etc.
If you are auditing without a meter, you take the pc’s interest as the indicator. You audit the symptom in which he is interested and cease to audit it when it is gone. This however is very chancy and often fails, so an E-Meter is recommended.
You can use whatever is given on the original Health Form that was done until the form is no longer valid or until the pc’s good indicators are in. When the pc brightens up, that’s the end of the Health Form. A new one must be done WHEN THE PC IS AGAIN FEELING BAD, TIRED OR WORRIED.
The purpose of any session or series of sessions is to get the pc feeling well and happy.
Sometimes the pc’s condition is obvious and the engram equally obvious. The pc has just had a child. The delivery of it and any earlier similar engram is of course audited at once. Any recent experience is so handled.
If a pc wants no auditing and yet is ill or miserable, one finds out why he doesn’t want to be audited by getting him to explain (when he will become auditable) or one finds and runs as secondaries, engrams or chains bad experiences with treatment. The best answer to a difficult pc is to send him or her for a Scientology Review and then begin Dianetics.
If the pc doesn’t recover at all, then the Auditor’s Code has been violated or the engrams were overrun or not run long enough to erase or the pc was very ill medically and should have had a medical examination first.
But even with poor auditing it is rare for a pc not to recover.
Of course, the more skilled (follows the Auditor’s Code, knows his meter, knows his Dianetics) the Auditor is, the more certain recovery becomes.
The worst crime is overwhelming the pc by telling him what’s wrong, not letting him tell you.
The Health Form is of very great assistance in handling all this. The use of it is as follows:
1. The Auditor sits down with the pc (usually the pc on a meter) and explains he’s going to do a Health Form and try to help the pc.
2. The Form is completed.
3. The Auditor picks out by meter or by asking the pc which symptom he has his attention on.
4. The Auditor finds an incident that had that symptom in it, dates it and runs it as an incident as per R-3-R.
5. The incident picture (and symptom) erases or the auditor finds an earlier similar incident, etc until the pictures and symptoms are gone.
6. A new symptom is located on the Health Form by meter and its chain is erased. Each chain erased should leave the pc cheerful if not completely well.
7. Steps 4 and 5 are repeated.
8. A new symptom is located on the Health Form or by pc’s complaint.
9. Steps 4 and 5 are repeated.
10. We go on doing this until the pc is suddenly well, smiling and happy and at that moment we at once desist.
11. We tell the pc that is the end of the session.
Note: If several sessions were required to do the above we start each new one by telling the pc it’s started and end each session by telling the pc the session is ended.
Each session is written down as it is done and preserved for future correction or use.
The basic Health Form is available from orgs. Individual copies are made out for each pc and left in his case folder when handled.
This form is done by an auditor. It is metered.
Don’t try to handle items as the PC gives them unless an item BDs and the PC is interested. Otherwise assess after it is done. It also should be reassessed for additional items to run.
If the PC gives you a medical term (e.g. Migraine Headache) as an illness, write it down in the first column then ask PC what the somatic is (e.g. Pain in Head), write that down in the second column and note beside it any read. There is no rote command. Get somatics (not incidents) that can be assessed and run.
If the PC gives you a somatic don’t then ask for the feeling of it. Just write it down in the second column with its read and carry on down the list. If the PC gives several somatics in response to one illness, write down each as a separate somatic. Assess only the second column. Do not assess multiple somatics (i.e. several somatics as one item) and do not assess items that are not somatics. Do not assess narrative items. Do not accept or assess considerations.
Remember that an illness has more than one somatic to be audited out before it is wholly gone.
Persons medically ill should be sent for medical exam.
Cross those off that have been run until form is completely handled.
The end product of this form is entirely to pick out what to audit.
Answer Feeling Meter Read
1. Do you have any CURRENT ILLNESS?
2. Have you RECENTLY had any ILLNESS?
3. Do you have any RECURRING ILLNESS?
4. Do you have any CURRENT MISEMOTION?
5. Have you RECENTLY had any MISEMOTION?
6. Do you have any RECURRING MISEMOTION?
7. Do you have any ACHES?
8. Have you RECENTLY had any ACHES?
9. Do you have any RECURRING ACHES?
10. Do you have any PAINS?
11. Have you RECENTLY had any PAINS?
12. Do you have any RECURRING PAINS?
13. Do you have any INJURED BODY PART?
14. Do you have any PRESENT DISEASE?
15. Do you have any RECURRING DISEASE?
16. Do you have any PRESENT INFECTION?
17. Do you have any RECURRING INFECTION?
18. Do you have any PRESENT VENEREAL INFECTION?
19. Do you have any RASH?
20. Do you have any RECURRING RASH?
21. Do you have any UNWANTED SENSATIONS?
22. Have you RECENTLY had any UNWANTED SENSATIONS?
23. Do you have any CONTINUING UNWANTED SENSATIONS?
24. Do you have any RECURRING UNWANTED SENSATIONS?
25. Do you have any TEETH TROUBLES?
26. Do you have any other PHYSICAL CONDITION YOU WANT TO MENTION?
27. Do you have any unwanted ATTITUDE?
28. Is there something you wanted handled which wasn’t?
Are these all the complaints? (If question reads get the additional complaints. Mention such things as VD in case PC is embarrased to mention them.)
Cross off what has been run. Completely handle the form.
Add new items in subsequent sessions if PC gives them.